Akkit.org Optimization Contest Rules
- First and foremost, this site is about having fun- I set it up because it's something I really enjoy and I expect there are others who feel the same way
- Entering into this competition guarantees that your code will be released for public viewing / reuse after the competition is over
- It is strongly suggested that entries be licensed under the MIT source code license, though other licenses may be ok. Please contact me before submitting under a license that I haven't verified on this page. (see below)
- You are allowed to share details about your implementation with others before the competition is over, if you want to.
- You must be civil. Personal attacks will be moderated.
- HTML and BBCode are not allowed presently.
Compatible code Licenses
- MIT License - Very free license, only requires that the license be included with source code if code is reused.
- BSD License - The 3-clause "new" BSD license is also a very free license with similar requirements
- For this site, viral licenses unnecessarily complicate one of the ways I intend to distribute entries, so I'm not allowing their use
- todo: Insert useful link about software licensing and free licenses here!
Bugs, and comments
- If something seems out of place, it probably is, and it's likely that I want to know about it!
- Also, if you have issues with the above rules/guidelines, I'd be interested to hear what you would do instead.
- In any case, if you run into a problem or have an idea to improve the site, please tell me! - email me at sgstair (at) akkit [dot] org